Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Audio Feel Ya Audiophilia...

Audiophile - a person in pursuit of the perfect quality of sound, usu. desperate enough to spend gobs of money on quality sound systems to vintage phonographs.

Why did I choose to blog about audiophiles? Because I have the same knack for quality. No, I'm not the guy who is just in pursuit of Beats, I am also after the sound of the song itself like most others.

This doesn't mean I am an audiophile. First of all, I don't have the money. Next, I don't have the time. Lastly, I don't have the amount of fucks to give necessary for me to enjoy it. Though my ears may be sensitive, it doesn't mean they are not open.

Call me an anti-audiophile which is completely different from an audiophobe. An audiophobe fears sound and would completely cut off his ears faster than Peter did with a Roman soldier. An anti-audiophile is also not to be mistaken for a guy who hate audiophiles.

My definition of an anti-audiophile is someone who loves any form of sound but has a weird preference to a deliberate assault on the eardrums. Think of guys who like metal, BROstep (not to be mistaken for dubstep,. more on that on later blogs), lo-fi, experimental, and the like. Of course, with metal, hard rock, hardcore, screamo, death metal and what not, it's usually the sheer emotion, and brutal frankness of the lyrics & message, coupled with the adrenaline-defying guitar shreds, and heavy drum poundage. For others that are pure music, and no lyrics, well, guys like me are in it for DAT SOUND; the sound of pure angst, rage, anxiety, and hatred in the world in which we translate to indefinite bliss and escape. Or maybe, we just have a different ear.

One that can understand the chaos. One that can appreciate a blatant disregard for noise and distortion. It's gotten to the point where I enjoy the sounds of construction workers, microphone feedbacks, bass guitar slides, violin shrieks, human violence, creaky furniture, ballpen springs, basement generators, motorcycle and automobile engines (who wouldn't like the roar of a good chopper or supercar once in a while), wub-wubs, clanks, beeps, whirrs, sprangs, booms, and the other cacophony around us. Other than being a total stress reliever for me, it also inspires me to be myself in a way.

Take these which have always been my de-stressing tracks. Ventolin is a drug which has the unfortunate side-effect of tinnitus a.k.a. ringing in the ears.


And let's try this one from Mr. Tobin, made out of lions and faulty stringed instruments.


Lastly, pure dubstep filth made out of a chainsaw.


One person's noise is another man's eargasm. This is just my way of saying music is subjective. Of course, this is only one side of my musical tastes, you'll see more of 'em in a bit. I need my daily dose of noise now.


No comments:

Post a Comment