Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Radio Active - FM Life

Me and my big mouth are back, blogging at 7:45 am, slightly shaken from recent memories but still holding on to music. So far, after a few reflections on previous endeavors in music, I will pursue another project. Don't worry Blue Hour is still going on as planned.

It's about time I stop reflecting on life through soundtracks and start enjoying it. That's right, soundtracks will be on hold at the moment. I wanna make electro music, something that has always been my top priority since the first album I made in college. Music that ranges from electro to house to trance to dubstep to drum n' bass. So far I've got a handful of tracks I'm still fine-tuning to perfection. The project's name is Radio Active since it sounds like a pretty party-pumping name to me, besides the fact that I am also partly a chemistry student. The debut album title will be FM Life.

Why FM Life? First of all, it's a clever wordplay for FML (Fuck My Life). We all admit there's a time in our life when we realize we're no longer virgins because we already get fucked by life (taken from Kurt Cobain, I think). So instead of letting it rape you in the backside, why don't you try fighting back? Struggle with life as you do the endless dance of fucking each other up and see who gets the last laugh. Like sex, it doesn't only require effort, love, and passion, it also introduces desire, lust, and pleasure which are notable traits of all humans; our animal instinct, if you will.

Next, it also means frequency modulation such as FM radio stations. Techinically, FM conveys information over a carrier wave by varying its instantaneous frequency (Wikipedia). It's something like us varying our frequency to adapt to our carrier wave which is life in order to convey a particular message. Either that fancy interpretation or it's just because FM (Life) fits with Radio (Active).

Lastly, most of the songs are gonna be slightly different from typical electro songs yet still have the feel of being electro. Like an FM radio station, you'll never know what you'll hear next along with all the static and intercepted transmissions. Take for example a rockstep song (rock-dubstep), an electro song from various noises and bleeps, an acoustic drum & bass track, and many more hopefully.

So you ask how I'm doing? I'm doing fan-fucking-tastic right here. But remember my famous words, "Don't expect much from me, expect more from yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment